This dish is pretty similar to my last spiralized post, but with a little more of a summer twist. I think I can safely say this is one of my very favorite recipes from Inspiralized. The flavors all compliment each other so perfectly (sweet corn, salty bacon and peppery arugula) and it makes for a light, yet satisfying meal. I make this pretty often and the inclusion of bacon even makes it very Paul-approved. Now that all of you have purchased your Spiralizer (right?), making zucchini noodle recipes should be a breeze.
Spiralized Zucchini with Bacon & Corn
Recipe from Inspiralized
- 1 ear of corn
- 4 strips of bacon
- 2 medium zucchinis, spiralized
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon zest
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup arugula
- freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Place the corn in a pot of boiling water and cook until easily pierced with a fork. Remove from the water and shave off the kernels.
- While the corn is cooking, set a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once heated, add in the bacon and cook for 5-7 minutes or until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Pour out half of the bacon grease and immediately add in the zucchini noodles. Season with red pepper flakes and garlic powder and cook for 3 minutes, or to your preference.
- Remove from the heat, add in the corn, lemon juice, and zest, and toss to combine. Divide into bowls and top with equal amounts of crumbled bacon, ricotta, arugula and fresh cracked pepper.